Important Notice Regarding UnitedHealthcare
Piedmont Medicare Advantage plans are now owned by UnitedHealthcare. They will be administered by Piedmont Community Healthcare until December 31, 2019.
Piedmont member benefits, provider network, pharmacy network and policies will remain the same through the end of the calendar year. Members should continue using their Piedmont insurance card and may call our Customer Service and Medical Management teams for assistance during this transition. Please call 1-877-210-1719 (TTY: 711).
Starting January 1, 2020, plans will still carry the Piedmont name, but will be administered by UnitedHealthcare.
Members who wish to keep their plan do not need to do anything and will automatically be enrolled in the same plan for 2020.
Piedmont's Medicare Advantage Plans offer:
- Low premium options, including a $0 premium option for 2020
- For 2020, $0 copay for primary care visits
- Access to a large network of local doctors and hospitals
- Prescription drug coverage included in your plan
- In-network specialist visits without referrals
- Option to use out-of-network providers who participate with Medicare
- Worldwide coverage for emergency care
- Comprehensive formulary with a wide selection of participating pharmacies
- Low maximum out-of-pocket costs
- Benefits of Original Medicare with lower cost-sharing
- Zero cost-sharing for preventive care
- Vision coverage
To be eligible to join Piedmont Medicare Advantage, you must:
- Be entitled to Medicare Part A
- Be enrolled in Medicare Part B
- Live in our service area (service area is Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford*, Campbell, Charlotte, Danville City, Halifax, Lynchburg City, Pittsylvania, and Prince Edward)
- Not have End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). There are limited exceptions, such as if you develop ESRD when you are already a member of a plan that we offer, or you were a member of a different plan that was terminated.
*denotes partial county (specifically zip codes 24095, 24104, 24121, 24122, 24174, 24502, 24503, 24523, 24526, 24536, 24550, 24551, 24556, 24570, and 24571).
For more information on what Piedmont Medicare Advantage has to offer please call Customer Service between 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., seven days a week from October 1 through March 31. From April 1 through September 30, Customer Service is available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Customer Service local number: (434) 947-3671
Customer Service toll-free number: (877) 210-1719
TTY users should call 711
Our local office is open for walk-in customer assistance from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, except for holidays.
Piedmont Medicare Advantage
2316 Atherholt Road
Lynchburg, VA 24501
Piedmont Medicare Advantage is a PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Piedmont Medicare Advantage depends on contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Call 434-947-3671 or toll-free 1-877-210-1719 (TTY - 711) for more information. Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat Piedmont Medicare Advantage members, except in emergency situations. Please call our customer service number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost-sharing that applies to out-of-network services. Tivity Health and SilverSneakers are registered trademarks or trademarks of Tivity Health, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. © 2018 Tivity Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
Last Updated 11/06/2018