In our continuous effort to provide local coverage and service to as much of the community in which we serve, Piedmont Community HealthCare is pleased to continue offering Piedmont Medicare Advantage (PPO) to our local community.
Piedmont Medicare Advantage is based right here in Lynchburg, so we know what Central Virginians want from a Medicare Advantage plan. Our three plans specialize in convenience, reliability and personal service. Learn more about what Piedmont Medicare Advantage can do for you.
Piedmont's Medicare Advantage Plans offer:
- Low premium options, including a $0 premium option for 2019
- For 2019, $0 copay for primary care visits
- Access to a large network of local doctors and hospitals
- Prescription drug coverage included in your plan
- In-network specialist visits without referrals
- Option to use out-of-network providers who participate with Medicare
- Worldwide coverage for emergency care
- Comprehensive formulary with a wide selection of participating pharmacies
- Low maximum out-of-pocket costs
- Benefits of Original Medicare with lower cost-sharing
- Zero cost-sharing for preventive care
- Vision coverage
- SilverSneakers® Fitness program
- Discounts on a variety of additional services such as eyewear, hearing services, fitness centers, massage services, and vitamins & supplements
To be eligible to join Piedmont Medicare Advantage, you must:
- Be entitled to Medicare Part A
- Be enrolled in Medicare Part B
- Live in our service area (service area is Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford*, Campbell, Charlotte, Halifax, Lynchburg City, Pittsylvania, and Prince Edward)
- Not have End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). There are limited exceptions, such as if you develop ESRD when you are already a member of a plan that we offer, or you were a member of a different plan that was terminated.
*denotes partial county (specifically zip codes 24095, 24104, 24121, 24122, 24174, 24502, 24503, 24523, 24526, 24536, 24550, 24551, 24556, 24570, and 24571).
For more information on what Piedmont Medicare Advantage has to offer please call Customer Service between 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., seven days a week from October 1 through March 31. From April 1 through September 30, Customer Service is available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Customer Service local number: (434) 947-3671
Customer Service toll-free number: (877) 210-1719
TTY users should call 711
Our local office is open for walk-in customer assistance from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, except for holidays.
Piedmont Medicare Advantage
2316 Atherholt Road
Lynchburg, VA 24501
Piedmont Medicare Advantage is a PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Piedmont Medicare Advantage depends on contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Call 434-947-3671 or toll-free 1-877-210-1719 (TTY - 711) for more information. Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat Piedmont Medicare Advantage members, except in emergency situations. Please call our customer service number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost-sharing that applies to out-of-network services. Tivity Health and SilverSneakers are registered trademarks or trademarks of Tivity Health, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. © 2018 Tivity Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
Last Updated 11/06/2018