Piedmont’s prescription drug benefits are administered by CVS/Caremark, one of the largest pharmacy benefit managers in the country.
- HMO plan members have access to the Advanced Choice Network, a pharmacy network that includes all CVS pharmacies, most major chain pharmacies except Walgreens, and some local independent pharmacies.
- HMO-POS and PPO plan members have access to the Caremark National Network that includes all CVS pharmacies, most major chain pharmacies including Walgreens, and some local independent pharmacies.
To find a pharmacy in your plan’s network, use the pharmacy locator at Caremark.com or click on the link at the bottom of this page to be taken to the official CVS/Caremark website. To find the Formulary (drug list) included with your group plan, simply click on the appropriate link below. Registering with CVS/Caremark allows you to accomplish a variety of tasks online, including:
- Check for the closest CVS/Caremark pharmacy with contact info. and maps
- Access fast and convenient mail service for new prescriptions and online refills
- Check drug costs to find information about drug pricing and coverage
- View prescription history or search your prescription drug list
- Find drug information or check interaction
- Find health information, articles, interactive tools and calculators
- You can also call them at 800-552-8159
2021 Piedmont Small Group Rx Drug Formulary Effective 04/1/2021
2021 Piedmont Small Group Rx Drug Formulary Effective 03/1/2021
2021 Piedmont Large Group Rx Drug Formulary Effective 4/1/21
2021 Centra Group Health Plan Rx Drug Formulary Effective 4/1/21
2021 Piedmont Large Group Rx Drug Formulary Effective 3/1/21
2021 Centra Group Health Plan Rx Drug Formulary Effective 3/1/21
Whether you are new to the online pharmacy or already a registered user, CVS/Caremark will help the member get the most from your prescription benefits, explore ways to save on out-of-pocket prescription costs, and find the latest information on your health and prescription medicines.
Would you like to save money and time? Then consider ordering your covered prescriptions for maintenance medications through Piedmont Community Health Plan’s mail order pharmacy benefit. Maintenance medications are medications that are used over a long period of time, like cholesterol, high blood pressure, and thyroid medications. Antibiotics or other medications prescribed for acute illnesses are not maintenance medications since they are usually prescribed for short periods of time.
A 90-day supply can usually save the member an additional pharmacy co-pay instead of getting three 30-day supplies. CVS/Caremark will still fill a mail order 90-day supply request if you prefer. Just CLICK HERE to go to their site. Or, to take advantage of the Piedmont "walk-in" 90-day supply benefit just go to any pharmacy that currently fills 30-day supply prescriptions.
CLICK HERE to print out a Caremark mail-order form.
For Piedmont members with "Specialty Drug" needs, CLICK HERE for information on the CVS/Caremark Specialty Drug Program.